Wednesday, January 20, 2016

It begins!

Last night,  January 19, Andrew had his first shot.  The meds arrived from overnight carrier and the nurse came over at 6 to help us figure it all out.  She was very patient and kind. We practiced putting the pen together, loading the meds, giving the shot on a dummy tool she had. Andrew even practiced giving the shot himself. After about an hour, we were ready to do it. Andrew decided he wanted to use the needle guard, which hides the needle so you can't see it. He was nervous but brave. He decided on his upper left thigh for the shot. The nurse stood by me as I gave it to him. Andrew said he barely felt anything at all, not even as much as a pinch! He is so glad it doesn't hurt and feels much less nervous now. I have my notes and all the tools Genotropin sent so hopefully I can do it myself tonight!!! 

52 inches (maybe slightly under)
Armpit to Wrist 15 inches
Groin to Ankle 24.5 inches
Waist 23.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment